[asterisk-users] Voicemail help when listening to messages

Nathan Ward asterisk at daork.net
Mon Sep 3 22:46:01 CDT 2018

Hi,

I have a weird issue, unsure if it’s due to a bug, or configuration on my end. We’re on 14.7.7. I’ve looked at the app_voicemail.c code, and see no changes in this area of the code until the current version so don’t think age of the code is an issue here (but happy to be proven wrong!).

When hitting * for help when listening to messages (dial in, press 1, then *), we get the following options:

press 1 for new messages
press 2 to change folders
press 3 for advanced options
press 0 for mailbox options
press 1 to listen to new messages *
press 2 to access messages saved in other folders *
press 3 to record a message for another mailbox *
press 0 for greetings and password management *
press 5 to repeat the current message
press 6 to play the next message
press 7 to delete this message
press 8 to forward the message to another user
press 9 to save this message
press * for help or # to exit

I’ve marked 4 items with *s, these are items which seem out of place, as the other options largely work.

I’ve been poking around, and it seems to be that this is happening because `skipadvanced` is set to 1, though, it this is set to 0 it would (I think) be:
press 1 for new messages
press 2 to change folders
press 3 for advanced options
press 0 for mailbox options
press 3 for advanced options *
press 5 to repeat the current message
press 6 to play the next message
press 7 to delete this message
press 8 to forward the message to another user
press 9 to save this message
press * for help or # to exit

Note the item with a * where advanced options is offered again (once from vm-opts then later from vm-advopts).

I am not clear on how this is supposed to work, as both with and without skipadvanced set seems weird. Can anyone help?

--
Nathan Ward