[asterisk-users] STUN re-evalutation every 2 minutes ??

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sat Sep 1 15:22:30 CDT 2018

On Saturday 01 September 2018 at 22:12:50, sean darcy wrote:

> 13.21.0
>
> Every 2-3 minutes:

Does it really vary, or is it more like "every 150 seconds"?

> Sep  1 16:00:57] WARNING[150257]: res_stun_monitor.c:140
> stun_monitor_request: STUN poll got no response. Re-evaluating STUN
> server address.

What relevant firewall rules have you got?

> [Sep  1 16:02:18] NOTICE[150257]: res_stun_monitor.c:151
> stun_monitor_request: Old external address/port <myipaddress>:42562 now
> seen as <myipaddress>:33904.

What sort of Internet connectivity router are you using?

>   IAX, got a network change message, renewing all IAX registrations.
>   SIP, got a network change message, renewing all SIP registrations.
>
> Always just for a different port number.

Sounds to me like your router has got a very short term connection tracking
table, or else your firewall rules aren't allowing the required replies.

> I've tried a number of STUN servers with the same result. Now using
> counterpath :
>
> /etc/asterisk/res_stun_monitor.conf:stunaddr = stun.counterpath.net
>
> Probably harmless, but odd.
>
> sean

Regards,

Antony.

--
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

 - Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.