[asterisk-users] Use AGi Commands without script in Dialplan

Yves yves030 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 8 05:44:43 CDT 2018

Hello, everybody,
often it is necessary to issue a single AGI command...
How can I realize this within a normal dialplan processing without
having to go the circumstantial way through an AGI script every time?
Why is it not possible to use the AGI commands like other functions
within the dialplan?
Although there are many dialplan functions that can be used as a
substitute for one or the other AGi command, or whose results are the
same, but not always...

Example:
AGI_Command "Set Autohangup"...

There is no way (at least of what I know) to set this AutoHangup feature
for a "normal" Call within the dialplan... and again, this is just an
example. I am looking
for an easy way to execute any AGI Command directly from the dialplan
without the need to call an external script.

Thank you,
Yves