[asterisk-users] Queues and penalties

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:16:56 CST 2018

This should work, How are you defining your timeouts in the queues.conf ?

And to verify, in your extensions.conf you are calling Queue with the queue
name and the ruleset to apply from queuerules.conf?

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM Paddy Grice <paddy at wizaner.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have been looking at this problem for a few days/weeks now and after
> some advice please.
>
> I currently have a customer on 11.25.3 and I am in the process of
> upgrading versions and OS (Debian) and all things that involves mysql ->
> PDO etc
>
> The problem I have is the customer want a simple call distribution like
> this
>
> Extn 1001, 1002, 1003 to be called on an incoming call - if they don't
> answer after 20 seconds then 2001, 2002, 2003 to be added to the ringing
> extensions and if no one answers after another 20 seconds the add in 3001,
> 3002, 3003.
>
> Seems a simple queue application to me
>
> 1001, 1002 and 1003 in the queue with a penalty of 1 strategy ringall
> 2001, 2002 and 2003 in the queue with a penalty of 2 strategy ringall
> 3001, 3002 and 3003 in the queue with a penalty of 3 strategy ringall
>
> and rules
>
> increasing the maxpenalty 1->2 after 20 seconds
> and increasing maxpenalty 2->3 after another 20 seconds.
>
> But this doesn't work if users don't answer!!
>
> if user 1002 or (2001 etc)  just lets his phone ring - he forgot to logoff
> or DND then the penalty is ignored.
>
> There seems to have been a patch for FreePBX on V13 - LazyMembers - but
> that is all I can find and later versions have no mention of this
>
> I guess I can use autopause and some AMI / Script but this stops phones
> ringing because of the timeout so the user has a ringing phone and then it
> stops and then it starts again whereas the penalty just adds handsets into
> the ringing group.
>
> This seems to be a real shortcoming in app_queue.
>
> Any ideas, suggestions, anyone want to work with me to sort this ?
>
> Paddy Grice
>

> --
>
> Astricon is coming up October 9-11!  Signup is available at:
> https://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at:
> https://community.asterisk.org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein