[asterisk-users] Queues and penalties

Paddy Grice paddy at wizaner.com
Wed Nov 28 13:43:22 CST 2018

Hi All

I have been looking at this problem for a few days/weeks now and after some
advice please.

I currently have a customer on 11.25.3 and I am in the process of upgrading
versions and OS (Debian) and all things that involves mysql -> PDO etc

The problem I have is the customer want a simple call distribution like this

Extn 1001, 1002, 1003 to be called on an incoming call - if they don't
answer after 20 seconds then 2001, 2002, 2003 to be added to the ringing
extensions and if no one answers after another 20 seconds the add in 3001,
3002, 3003.

Seems a simple queue application to me

1001, 1002 and 1003 in the queue with a penalty of 1 strategy ringall
2001, 2002 and 2003 in the queue with a penalty of 2 strategy ringall
3001, 3002 and 3003 in the queue with a penalty of 3 strategy ringall

and rules

increasing the maxpenalty 1->2 after 20 seconds
and increasing maxpenalty 2->3 after another 20 seconds.

But this doesn't work if users don't answer!!

if user 1002 or (2001 etc)  just lets his phone ring - he forgot to logoff
or DND then the penalty is ignored.

There seems to have been a patch for FreePBX on V13 - LazyMembers - but that
is all I can find and later versions have no mention of this

I guess I can use autopause and some AMI / Script but this stops phones
ringing because of the timeout so the user has a ringing phone and then it
stops and then it starts again whereas the penalty just adds handsets into
the ringing group.

This seems to be a real shortcoming in app_queue.

Any ideas, suggestions, anyone want to work with me to sort this ?

Paddy Grice