[asterisk-users] Passing parameter to Queue-called macro

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Fri May 11 01:01:29 CDT 2018

Hi Marie

Thanks!

I was just worried about thread safety if I had to use a global variable, e.
g. it might be set to a value by one call (since I'm using the same global
for every incoming call to transfer the accountcode gotten from my HTTP
endpoint to the same macro, and there can be several calls simultaneously
all inserting HTTP-sourced values at more or less the same instant) and then
another call is in such a state that it then reads this call's data - and
never reads its logical "own" data. The classic concurrently accessed single
variable issue.

Anyway, I've managed to solve this by declaring a variable in the main
dialplan as inheritable and storing my back-office relevant GUID in there,
then referencing that variable without the pre-prended _ in the macro:

E. g.

[verdianswer]
exten=>s,n,NoOp(Lodging CDR accountcode: ${curIncAccCode} as an incoming
call from ${numbersource} with VerDi and answered by ${MEMBERINTERFACE}...)
exten=>s,n,MacroExit

[telkomin]
.
.
.
same=>n,Set(curlResult=${SHELL(/usr/src/verdi/bash/verdiIncGetUUID.sh)})
same=>n,Set(_curIncAccCode=${curlResult})
same=>n,Queue(stefantest,trhc,,,60,,verdianswer)

The above works just fine for doing what I want to do, e. g. pass a
parameter from an Asterisk dialplan context into a queue-triggered "agent
just answered in the queue" Asterisk macro.

Thanks for the reply!

Kind regards

Stefan