[asterisk-users] 7965G sporadically not able to make calls via chan_sip

Marie Fischer marie at vtl.ee
Thu May 10 19:41:18 CDT 2018

Hi,

the tcpdump starts with a pretty standard INVITE sequence:

10.0.0.121 -- INVITE --> 10.0.0.3
10.0.0.121 <-- 401 Unauthorized -- 10.0.0.3	// asterisk gives nonce in WWW-Authenticate: header
10.0.0.121 -- ACK --> 10.0.0.3

After that, normally you would see a new INVITE from the phone with Authorization: header, but in your case the phone does not send this - although it is clearly reachable as indicated by the SIP OPTIONS dialogue.

In the Asterisk SIP debug, I see only the packets sent by Asterisk to the phone, but not the phone's responses. Did you do just 'sip set debug on' or something different?

Can you provide the same logs for a successful call?

Do incoming calls to the phone work when this happens?

--
BR,

marie