[asterisk-users] 7965G sporadically not able to make calls via chan_sip

John Kinsner jkinsner1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 12:23:23 CDT 2018

 sometime during the past few upgrades on asterisk 13, my Cisco 7965G phones are sporadically not able to make calls.  after a few seconds, they just play a fast-busy tone.  I tried upgrading the 7965G OS from their original (working for years) 9.4.2SR1 to 9.4.2SR3 and the behavior did not change.

they are talking via chan_sip on asterisk 13.19.0.  I cannot determine the sporadic part, sometimes the call goes through fine with no configuration changes or restarts/reboots on either end.

sip debug from asterisk:
https://pastebin.com/Mmz9JsAP
tcpdump from pbx:
https://pastebin.com/jRT9QJwq
sip.conf:
[121]
type=friend
;qualify=yes
;qualifyfreq=300
host=dynamic
context=extensions
secret=MySecret
nat=no
callerid="MBR" <121>

can anyone give me clues to troubleshoot?