[asterisk-users] Zombie PJSip Channel

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Fri Mar 9 14:57:18 CST 2018

I'm having a strange issue with Asterisk 13.17.2 and pjproject-2.7.

I have one extension that will occasionally end up in a "Zombie" channel
and stop receiving calls.  (Note that the console never says "Zombie" it
just shows a channel that can't be hung up.

Here's an excerpt from a console session showing the problem:

cameronpbx*CLI> core show channels concise
PJSIP/15-000000e9!internal!s!1!Up!AppQueue!(Outgoing
Line)!s!!!3!12616!!1520615616.690
cameronpbx*CLI> hangup request
all                PJSIP/15-000000e9  DAHDI/2-1
cameronpbx*CLI> hangup request PJSIP/15-000000e9
PJSIP/15-000000e9 is not a known channel
cameronpbx*CLI> hangup request "PJSIP/15-000000e9"
PJSIP/15-000000e9 is not a known channel
cameronpbx*CLI> hangup request DAHDI/2-1
DAHDI/2-1 is not a known channel
cameronpbx*CLI> hangup request all
cameronpbx*CLI> hangup request all

When it gets in this state, I can't even do a "core restart when
convenient" as it will sit there and wait forever for that channel to
disappear.  I have to drop to a command line and do a "systemctl restart
asterisk" to get it to reset that extension.  The really strange thing
is it never happens to any other extensions on the system.  Just that
one phone.

Any ideas?
WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS

Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds. Please call your escrow officer immediately using contract information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received. We are not responsible for any wires sent by you to an incorrect bank account.