[asterisk-users] Avaya 9608G and DHCP and TFTP and HTTP oh my

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Thu Mar 1 03:42:08 CST 2018

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 08:48:38PM +0000, Thomas Peters wrote:
> I'd like to start configuring my Avaya 9608G phones for use on
> Asterisk / FreePBX / PBX-In-a-Flash. I'm using a variety of other
> phones on my system without major issues.
>
> I've read the discussion back in March, May and August of 2016, but
> unfortunately, my difficulty is much more basic. I think it has to do
> with DHCP, specifically, what options I'm offering the phone via DHCP.

So you might want to start without configurations from DHCP. Enter the
file/http server in the phone manually and point it to a http server
containing the needed firmware files and a correct 46xxsettings.txt for
you asterisk.

Avaya uses other dhcp options for these phone (242):
https://downloads.avaya.com/elmodocs2/one-X_Deskphone_Edition/R1.5/output/16_300698_4/admn054.html

BTW these phones are a terrible waste when used with Asterisk. They only
provided minimal functionality (calls and transfer).