[asterisk-users] dialplan reload not showing debug info even with debug on (ast 15.5)

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Mon Jul 30 06:50:55 CDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Jonathan H <lardconcepts at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, many thanks for that. Not sure I see the point of the change, but
> at least I can get the info back by changing
>
> console => notice,warning,error
> console => notice,warning,error,debug
>
> That said, dialplan reload seems to show significantly fewer items
> than before. I've got loads of extensions, and it does indeed seem to
> reload them all, but only shows about 1/4 of them in the console when
> doing dialplan reload. Hmmm...
>
> Incidentally, just while I'm here, is there a particular reason that
> debug can only every be pushed higher when connecting to the console?
> it's always been the case since I started using Asterisk 3 years ago
> so I guess there's a reason, and I never questioned it before. I'm
> just curious!
> For example:
>

> asterisk -rvddd
> Core debug was 2 and is now 3.
>
> asterisk -rvdddd
> Core debug was 3 and is now 4.
>
> asterisk -rvdd
> Core debug is still 4.
>
> asterisk -rvd
> Core debug is still 4.
>
> But it always respects "core set debug" in whichever direction of
> verbosity is required.

When you connect to a remote asterisk with the -r option, there are a couple
commands automatically sent every time.  These automatic commands tell
the remote asterisk what verbose and debug level you passed on the
command line.

core set verbose at least X silent
core set debug atleast X

That is why the debug level does not go down.  Another thing is that the
debug level
is global to the system.  Thus if you set the level in one connection it
affects all
connections including future ones.  The verbose level is per connection.

Richard