[asterisk-users] SRV with pjsip on Asterisk 15.5: yes or no?

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 15:42:06 CDT 2018

I'm trying to configure sip2sip, which says:
http://wiki.sip2sip.info/projects/sip2sip/wiki/SipDevicesAsterisk
"Asterisk, is currently unable to handle more that one result for a
DNS SRV lookup, and the Asterisk configuration needed for getting it
work with the SIP2SIP service is not trivial"

It then gives a complex multi-section workaround in SIP. I remember
reading there'd be the same issue with PJSIP, and then I found this
post in the Asterisk blog from 2016:
https://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/04/20/pjsip-dns-support/ which says:
"chan_pjsip will now look for SRV records based on what transports are
configured on the system".

Does this mean there's now a way of doing it? Because
https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/blob/master/configs/samples/pjsip_wizard.conf.sample
says:
; Hostnames must resolve to A, AAAA or CNAME records.
; SRV records are not currently supported.

Hmmmm... I'm confused!