[asterisk-users] G729

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 08:14:50 CDT 2018

Hmmm, again, this conversation has just faded out. I wondered why no
response from Digium?

So I found this discussion -
https://community.asterisk.org/t/why-does-g729-still-require-licensing/71920/8
- seems very clear that G729 is patent free, but still no response from
Digium.

Also, the link to the "definitely royalty free" version was removed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there must be a valid reason.

And I'm not at all against Digium making money. But this whole 729 thing is
a mystery without any official feedback...