[asterisk-users] Installation instructions for Opus are incorrect - maybe?

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 11:25:48 CST 2018

On 27 January 2018 at 16:14, Ludovic Gasc <gmludo at gmail.com> wrote:

> (M) means it's a module, not it's an error.
> Do you relaunch configure after xmlstarlet install ?
> For bash error, no idea.

Many thanks! Stupid mistake of mine, I hadn't tried when I saw bash
was still on (E)  (Error, I guess?).

But then I did ./configure and it said (among other things)

checking for sh... /bin/bash
checking for bash... /bin/bash
checking for xmlstarlet... /usr/bin/xmlstarlet
checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
checking for the version of libcurl... 7.55.1
checking for libcurl >= version 7.10.1... yes
checking whether libcurl is usable... yes
checking for curl_free... yes

Then of course, make menuselect worked and I now have opus!

Hmm, as it's free and open, I wonder why opus isn't a core codec?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Jonathan