[asterisk-users] PJSIP: identify endpoint by authentication username?

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Tue Jan 9 07:19:19 CST 2018

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 5:38 AM, Benoit Panizzon <benoit.panizzon at imp.ch>
wrote:

> Dear fellow list readers
>
> This is the situation:
>
> ISDN Devices => Patton ISDN to SIP GW => Asterisk PJSIP
>
> The Patton GW resides on a dynamic IP address, so I cannot really use
> match=ip in the identify section.
>
> The Patton does not send a line parameter.
>
> The ISDN Devices behind the patton have different MSN and should be
> able to send them in the From: Header, so the default endpoint
> identification mechanism which matches the From username with the
> endplaint fails.
>
> So what are the options to solve that issue?
>
> I see the asterisk sending out a challenge and getting a proper reply
> from the patton, but then stills complains about the endpoint not
> matching.
>
> According to the manual there is no
>
> type=identify
> match=authentication_username

There is no need for a separate "identify" object in this case.  In the
pjsip.conf "global" section set "endpoint_identifier_order" to include
"auth_username" and in each endpoint's section set "identify_by" to include
"auth_username".

[global]
endpoint_identifier_order = auth_username,username,ip,anonymous

[endpoint_x]
identify_by = auth_username

> or similar.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüssen
>
> -Benoît Panizzon-
> --
> I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden
>
> Zurlindenstrasse 29             Tel  +41 61 826 93 00
> CH-4133 Pratteln                Fax  +41 61 826 93 01
> Schweiz                         Web  http://www.imp.ch
>
> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at: https://community.asterisk.
> org/