[asterisk-users] Mixmonitor with b option

Bertrand LUPART - Linkeo.com bertrand.lupart at linkeo.com
Mon Jan 8 09:38:18 CST 2018

Hello Carlos,

>    We have a server that records all calls so we set Mixmonitor with the b option to only record calls that are actually bridged. I notice that we have lost of 44 byte files in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor which correspond to calls that were not answered.  If a call is not answered I assume it was never bridged so why would Asterisk create a file?

Which version of asterisk are you running? Looks like this has been fixed some years ago :
https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2068/diff/

> Is there a way to avoid getting those empty files?  It makes finding recordings vey slow when there are hundreds of non relevant files in the monitor directory.

You could run a cron job that would periodically delete those 44 bytes files

Dispatching audio files in subdirectories may help performance-wise, for example :

 same => n,MixMonitor(/absolute/path/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y)}/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%m)}/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%d)}/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y-%m-%d)}-${CALLERID(num)}-${EXTEN}-${UNIQUEID}.gsm)

OTH

--
Bertrand LUPART