[asterisk-users] Asterisk 15.3.0-rc1 regression

Dmitriy Serov serov.d.p at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 09:22:07 CST 2018

Asterisk 15.2.0, pjsip

Yesterday I installed 15.3.0-rc1 (after 15.2.0). Today I had to rollback
to 15.2.0 (not 15.2.2).

The reason is: the loaded server very often hung on the same places:
SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY processing. Unloading modules was the solution at that
time.

; Off SUBSCRIBE + NOTIFY

noload => res_pjsip_pubsub.so
noload => res_pjsip_exten_state.so
noload => res_pjsip_dialog_info_body_generator.so
noload => res_pjsip_mwi_body_generator.so
noload => res_pjsip_pidf_body_generator.so
noload => res_pjsip_xpidf_body_generator.so

At 15.3.0 asterisk stopped processing authorization, because it started
to issue an error on the SUBSCRIBE packet. More precisely: the server
believed that the client is authorized, and the client (PhonerLite)
believed that authorization failed.

Try to load the modules   res_pjsip_pubsub  and res_pjsip_exten_state
has led to renewed hangs.

Rollback to 15.2.2 did not bring success. Registering without
res_pjsip_pubsub led to the client thinking that it was authorized, and
the server did not think so.

Whether the res_pjsip_pubsub module is mandatory for successful work?

P.S. ASTERISK-27474. Bug not fixed in 15.3.0-rc1. This is very sad,
because encryption should be mandatory in the modern world.

Dmitriy Serov.