[asterisk-users] Which CDR processing for high load ?

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Feb 22 11:14:28 CST 2018

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 5:23 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm load testing a new Asterisk 13 system (Debian  Stretch, packaged
> asterisk).
> One system writes CDR though an ODBC connection to a local Postgres
> database over the LAN.
>

> When sending 50 new calls per second with SIPp, I'm seeing one system
> outputs :
> taskprocessor.c: The 'subm:cdr_engine-00000003' task processor queue
> reached 5000 scheduled tasks again.
>
> This [1] thread mentions such limit.
>
> I was thinking of simply writing CDR entries to a local file before
> centralizing them into my database.
>
> What would you suggest on this topic ?

You should get better CDR performance enabling batch mode which is disabled
by default for legacy reasons.

The CDR code processes all call events in one thread to create CDRs.  This
thread is what processes the
'subm:cdr_engine-00000003' task processor queue you mention above.  If you
don't have batch mode enabled
then that same thread also has to immediately write the CDRs to each back
end configured.  If you do have
batch mode enabled then the CDRs are passed to another thread to write to
the back ends.

You need to be using at least v13.19.1 or v15.2.1 to also have some CDR
performance enhancements to
help CDR processing of call events.

For information about ODBC connection pooling performance problems see [2].

Richard

[2] http://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/06/15/asterisk-odbc-connections/