[asterisk-users] how to get "SMS" messages (http) into Asterisk "sip messages"

Kevin Long kevin.long at haloprivacy.com
Mon Feb 19 04:08:38 CST 2018

Hello,

We are building a shim to get SMS messages (which come in from twilio via an http post to our python web app), forwarded on to the appropriate SIP client registered to asterisk.

The application receiving the “SMS” via HTTPS from twilio does not have a SIP component.

I am hoping there are different ways to get the message details into Asterisk so that it can create a MESSAGE and send it to the local endpoint.

Does anyone know the best way to get this information into Asterisk? Can I do it with AMI, AGI, a file queue ?

Would love to hear from anyone who has implemented something like this. Outbound is the easy part. How are you handling inbound SMS->SIP ?

Regards,

Kevin Long