[asterisk-users] Question on WebRTC configuration

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Fri Dec 7 09:11:05 CST 2018

In the asterisk wiki instructions for Configuring Asterisk for WebRTC clients...

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Configuring+Asterisk+for+WebRTC+Clients

"To communicate with websocket clients, Asterisk uses its built-in HTTP daemon.  Configure /etc/asterisk/http.conf as follows:

[general]
enabled=yes
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
bindport=8088
tlsenable=yes
tlsbindaddr=0.0.0.0:8089
tlscertfile=<your_cert_file>
tlsprivatekey=<your_key_file>
tlscafile=<your_ca_cert_file>"

What is the tlscafile setting?

When I look at the http.conf samples it doesn't mention the tlscafile setting.
I see there is a tlscafile setting in sip.conf, but I don't find this anywhere else.

Is the wiki web page mistaken or is this an actual http.conf setting that is undocumented?

Have a great day!
Dan