[asterisk-users] PJSIP redirect_method=uri_core and header modifications

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Mon Aug 6 11:23:10 CDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 04:24:06PM +0200, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> redirect_method=uri_pjsip works as expected with regard to the header
> manipulation stuff.
>
> Also I can't remember why, in the past, I decided to not use uri_pjsip
> other than having the redirected host in CDRs with uri_core and the
> original with uri_pjsip (which I don't really care about).

I found that out after going live with uri_pjsip:
the domain in the to header with uri_pjsip is the hostname/ip of the
redirector. With uri_core the domain will be the hostname/ip of the
contact header in the 302 response.

Reading the redirect_method description (version 13):
"If this option is set to uri_core the target URI is returned to the
dialing application which dials it using the PJSIP channel driver and
endpoint originally used. If this option is set to uri_pjsip the
redirect occurs within chan_pjsip itself and is not exposed to the core
at all."

The wording for uri_core is that the original endpoint context will be
used, that would make changing the to domain a bug IMHO. But since I
need this behavior it is a nice feature.