[asterisk-users] Pass through registration / proxy

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Wed Apr 11 08:26:39 CDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 09:22:02PM -0400, Telium Technical Support wrote:
> I need to create a SIP proxy to be placed in front of a legacy PBX.  When a
> phone registers with the proxy, I would like Asterisk to register with the
> PBX behind it.  (To tell the PBX to send calls to the proxy and then to the
> SIP phone).
>
> Can I use Asterisk to create a proxy like this?  Is there a way to cause the
> Asterisk to register with another host when it receives a successfully
> registration?

You can, but maybe you should use a sip proxy (like kamailio) for this
task instead of a back to back user agent like asterisk.

You can listen to events triggered on registration to asterisk and with
realtime intergration add the register to the PBX (or manipulate
sip.conf). This still might be easier to implement compared to (for
example) kamailio if you are new to that.