[asterisk-users] PJSip CallerID Question

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Fri Apr 6 14:27:31 CDT 2018

I have multiple Asterisk instances set up in different locations and
would like to modify the callerID of inbound calls to identify which
instance the call is coming from.  I knew how to do that with the old
sip format, but can't seem to figure it out with PJSip.

For example:

Currently Location A, extension 10 calls Location B, extension 20.
CallerID on Extension 20 displays "10" for the callerID.

The Desired configuration is for Extension 20 to show "Locati0n B - 10"
on the caller ID.  I don't want to modify the caller ID for each
individual extension as I want the intra-location caller IDs to show
just the extension number.  (e.g. LocA/Ext. 10 calls LocA/Ext11 -
LocA/Ext11's CallerID displays "10", but LocA/Ext10 calling LocB/Ext20
displays "Location A - 10" for caller ID.

I have my locations set up in the pjsip_wizard.conf file like this:

Location A:

[Uplink_defaults](!)
type = wizard
transport = transport-udp
endpoint/allow_subscribe = no
endpoint/allow = !all,g729
aor/qualify_frequency = 30
registration/expiration = 1800

[Location B](Uplink_defaults)
endpoint/context = internal
remote_hosts = 10.10.20.253:5060
sends_registrations = no
accepts_registrations = no
sends_auth = no
accepts_auth = no

Location B:

[Uplink_defaults](!)
type = wizard
transport = transport-udp
endpoint/allow_subscribe = no
endpoint/allow = !all,g729
aor/qualify_frequency = 30
registration/expiration = 1800

[Location A](Uplink_defaults)
endpoint/context = internal
remote_hosts = 10.10.11.5:5060
sends_registrations = no
accepts_registrations = no
sends_auth = no
accepts_auth = no

Rather than routing these to the "internal" context, should I create
another context and somehow parse/manipulate the caller ID in there then
route to "internal" ?

---
http://www.avg.com

WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS

Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds. Please call your escrow officer immediately using contract information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received. We are not responsible for any wires sent by you to an incorrect bank account.