[asterisk-users] Problem using Android SIP-Client

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Tue Oct 24 08:42:32 CDT 2017

Hi list!

I use Asterisk 1.8.30.0 on an OpenWRT-Router (I know, not the last
version, but I can't upgrade).
It always runned very well, and it runs very well with our home
phones, too, but now I have problems using the native Android
SIP-Client...

I configured an user for my mobile phone and I can call, but as soon
as the other party answer, I get this error in Log:

[Oct 24 15:32:41] NOTICE[3731]: channel.c:4280 __ast_read: Dropping
incompatible voice frame on SIP/messagenet-0000028e of format gsm
since our native format has changed to 0x8 (alaw)

and I can't hear anything...

This is the configuration of the user:

[00491771234567]
fullname = 00491771234567
secret = MYVERYSECRET
dahdichan = 1
hassip = yes
hasiax = no
hash323 = no
hasmanager = no
callwaiting = no
context = default
host = dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
sendrpid=pai
type=friend
;nat=force_rport,comedia
nat=yes
qualify=yes
qualifyfreq=60
;transport=Auto
avpf=no
force_avp=no
icesupport=no
encryption=no
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
dial=SIP/00491771234567
allow = all

Any idea?
The user worked very well with my old mobile phone (Android 4), I
__THINK__ the problem happens since I use my new phone with Android 7...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)