[asterisk-users] PJSIP trunk to Telynx

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Oct 20 20:46:31 CDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 10:17 PM, Carlos Chavez wrote:
> Has anyone used Telynx as a SIP trunk provider?  It works with chan_sip
> but it I seem to be having problems trying to set up a PJSIP trunk.  I
> always get a 401 Unauthorized when they send me a call.  I know my
> username and password are correct since I can register and PJSIP uses
> the same information for inbound as for the registration.  Unfortunately
> their support department said "PJSIP what?".  It seems mos SIP providers
> know Asterisk but are not aware of the important change coming.  I
> already got a nasty surprise from Voicepulse stating that they do not
> support PJSIP so their service will not work with newer installations.

Generally ITSPs don't authenticate to you, they expect the device or
software to just know the call is from them and to accept it. In PJSIP
this is done by using an identify section and matching based on IP
address. There's also the line option[1] to outbound registration which
works with some equipment, if it works then no identify section is
required.

[1]
http://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/01/27/the-pjsip-outbound-registration-line-option/

--