[asterisk-users] pjsip multiple transports for one endpoint (dual stack) ipv6

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Sat Nov 25 13:38:56 CST 2017

Hi List

I have stumbled over the next question google didn't answer.

I have a dual-stack environment, ipv6 and ipv4.

With chan_sip asterisk was listening on ipv6 and ipv4 simultaneously.

I did try to define to have pjsip listen to the ipv6 address including
ipv6 mapped ipv4 addresses:

[transport-udp]
type=transport
protocol=udp
bind=[::]:5061

Google told me, pjsip is not able to parse the ipv6 mapped ipv6
address, you have to listen to ipv4 separately.

So next try:

[transport-udp]
type=transport
protocol=udp
bind=[::]:5061
bind=0.0.0.0:5061

Well, this also does not work, only one address family is being bound.

[transport-udp]
type=transport
protocol=udp
bind=0.0.0.0:5061

[transport-udp6]
type=transport
protocol=udp
bind=[::]:5061

[phone]
type=endpoint
transport=transport-udp
transport=transport-udp6

Well, this sort of works, the phone is able to register, but qualify
does not work, as it seems to always try to use the 2nd transport
definition.

So how the heck do you define a endpoint listening to both ip versions
if you don't know if your roaming phone is going to connect from a ipv6
enable VoLTE Network without NAT problems, or is going to use the old
legacy ipv4 protocol? :-)

-Benoît-