[asterisk-users] How to correctly set REDIRECTING to indicate diversion reason

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Mon Nov 20 11:07:19 CST 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Benoit Panizzon <benoit.panizzon at imp.ch>
wrote:

> Hello List
>
> Next question where google did not spit out an unsable answer.
>
> When redirecting a call with Transfer, I would like to correctly
> indicate the reason.
>
> I did try this:
>
> exten => XX,1,NoOp(Call to ${EXTEN} from ${CALLERID(all)})
> exten => XX,n,Dial(SIP/ZZ)
> exten => XX,n,set(REDIRECTING(reason)=cfb)
> exten => XX,n,Transfer(SIP/YY)
>
> I did try with 'reason' 'orig-reason' I added cfb with and only quotes,
> I did try cfnr.
>
> But the 302 message generated this way allways contains reason=unknown
> in the diversion header.
>
> Any hint welcome.

You need to set more redirecting information [1].

In sip.conf send_diversion=yes needs to be in effect.  You also need to
setup
the from party id information (at least the from number) to indicate where
you
are redirecting from.  You should also increment the redirecting count.

chan_pjsip has the same requirements.  pjsip.conf send_diversion=yes needs
be in effect and you also need to setup the from party id information.

Richard

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Manipulating+Party+ID+Information