[asterisk-users] Call preemption

Jean Aunis jean.aunis at prescom.fr
Thu Nov 9 03:43:38 CST 2017

Le 08/11/2017 à 20:35, John Kiniston a écrit :
> The easiest thing to do might be to limit the peer to 11 calls in your
> sip.conf or pjsip.conf and then use the GROUP and GROUP_COUNT
> functions to limit the extension to 10 concurrent calls, Then when you
> get call #11 who is high priority you can allow it through or
> otherwise return busy.
>
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+15+Function_GROUP
>
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+15+Function_GROUP_COUNT
>
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Jean Aunis <jean.aunis at prescom.fr
> <mailto:jean.aunis at prescom.fr>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     Has anyone already implemented some sort of call preemption in
>     Asterisk ? I am trying to achieve something like this :
>
>     - I want to limit the number of calls on a given SIP peer to 10
>
>     - on the other hand, some calls have higher priority than others
>
>     - when the ceiling of 10 calls is reached and a call with a high
>     priority is attempted, I would like to drop a call with a lower
>     priority to let the new one go through
>
>     Monitoring the ceiling is easy with channel groups, but it is does
>     not help in implementing call preemption since there is no
>     function to retrieve all the channels of a given group.
>
>     Does anyone have an idea ?
>
>     Regards
>
>     Jean Aunis

Thank you for your answer. I'm already using GROUP and GROUP_COUNT to
limit the amount of calls. The problem is that I do not want to drop the
last incoming call, I want to drop one of the calls previously set up in
the same group, in order to leave room to the new call. Unfortunately,
it seems here is no function to list all the channels being part of a
given group.