[asterisk-users] Looking for the carrier that owns a particular DID

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Nov 2 12:02:27 CDT 2017

On Thursday 02 November 2017 at 16:33:04, Tech Support wrote:

>     I have a customer who is looking for a particular DID. (I dialed it and
> it is not in service). I searched through my preferred upstream provider's
> list but I came up empty. I wrote them, and this is their reply.
>
> "We currently do not have that specific number in stock as this number is
> owned by another carrier that we do not have a business relationship with."

This suggests that they either:

 - identified who owned it, and hence established that they had no business
relationship with the owner, or

 - identified that it wasn't owned by any of their business partners, in which
case they may genuinely not know who does own it.

Either way, it's probably worth asking them, in case they have no objection to
telling you, but simply didn't provide the information as it wasn't an answer
to your question.

> So my question is this. How do I find out which carrier owns the DID in
> question?

Failing the above, I would start with the relevant country's telecoms
regulator.

Antony.

--
Python is executable pseudocode.