[asterisk-users] app_jack unavailable

andre castro andre at andrecastro.info
Wed May 10 07:33:41 CDT 2017

Thanks J.
It didn't work.

On 05/10/2017 01:57 PM, J Montoya or A J Stiles wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2017, andre castro wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am new to Asterisk, so please bear with me.
>> I have made a success installation from source of Asterisk 14.4.0 on
>> Debian Jessie (8.7). And I am running the Asterisk server, with several
>> extensions and dialplans, all working well.
>>
>> However I am struggling to get app_jack to run.
>>
>> In menuselect I can see that it is XXX due to dependencies on jack and
>> resample, however both Debian packages: resample and jackd are installed
>> in this machine.
>>
>> Is there something that I am missing?
>
> Most probably some -dev files.  (Come on, distro folks, it's 2017; bandwidth
> and storage are way cheaper than they were, back when the decision was first
> made to separate out files only needed by developers into their own packages,
> and now it's causing more grief than it is saving.)

Indeed. apt-get install libjack-dev libresample-dev were not installed.
libjack-dev libresample-dev , so I installed.
In the installation of libresample-dev apt-get selected
'libresample1-dev' instead of 'libresample-dev'. Not sure if that is a
problem.
Also installed libjack-jackd2-dev.

But when I run menuselect in Applications, app_jack still is XXX
mentioning jack and resample unmet dependencies.

Is there any extra step i need to do?

--
oooooooooo.io
bibliotecha.info