[asterisk-users] app_jack unavailable

J Montoya or A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed May 10 06:57:28 CDT 2017

On Wednesday 10 May 2017, andre castro wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to Asterisk, so please bear with me.
> I have made a success installation from source of Asterisk 14.4.0 on
> Debian Jessie (8.7). And I am running the Asterisk server, with several
> extensions and dialplans, all working well.
>
> However I am struggling to get app_jack to run.
>
> In menuselect I can see that it is XXX due to dependencies on jack and
> resample, however both Debian packages: resample and jackd are installed
> in this machine.
>
> Is there something that I am missing?

Most probably some -dev files.  (Come on, distro folks, it's 2017; bandwidth
and storage are way cheaper than they were, back when the decision was first
made to separate out files only needed by developers into their own packages,
and now it's causing more grief than it is saving.)

> What do I need to do in order to have the jack module to run?

Probably just

# apt-get install libjack-dev libresample-dev

although it's possible that you might need some additional -dev packages.  But
try the above first.

--
JM or AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .