[asterisk-users] Call does not go to voicemail

Tim S tim.strommen at gmail.com
Mon May 8 19:58:50 CDT 2017

So, good, we're on the same page so far I think.

As I last stated, the original code suggestion would be what you want to do
for the serial phone ring-down (hunt), now you just need to figure out why
your Line_2 phone is answering and then hanging up immediately (or why
Asterisk thinks it is).

I'd recommend sniffing the network traffic with Wire Shark and turning on
some of the debug options in Asterisk to hunt down if it's the phone or an
Asterisk quirk that is tripping up the system.  We'll need more debug and
error text to go any further with the Line_2 problem, unless someone much
better than me can chime in with an idea...  I presume you've already done
the simple stuff like make sure your network is solid and that the phone
firmware is up to date and stable.

I'll also take a moment as an aside to suggest that you move away from
numerical device and user names for SIP and move to text based names which
have local meaning.  The numerical names are easy to be hacked, as bad-guys
scripts easily walk the possibilities sequentially.  I find it also helps
to use extension names in the dial plan that have meaning so that I can
keep track of them.  When a user calls an extension, the number they enter
can feature a "Goto" with a text entry in the dial plan.  This makes it
harder for those at a phone to go places in your phone system they
shouldn't.

-Tim