[asterisk-users] Call does not go to voicemail

thelma at sys-concept.com thelma at sys-concept.com
Mon May 8 18:51:37 CDT 2017

On 05/08/2017 04:37 PM, Tim S wrote:
> The "error" I was talking about was in your log:
>
> "...== Spawn extension (extensions, 4, 3) exited non-zero on
> 'IAX2/home_server-6364'..."
>
> The call terminated here in a error which prevented the dialplan from
> continuing.  Something there is broken, my recommendation is to check
> you registrations first inside asterisk:
>
>> sip show peers

"sip show peers" is showing FD_L2 (SIP/54 is registered)
Name/username             Host                                    Dyn Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status      Description
12                        (Unspecified)                            D  No         No             0        Unmonitored
4/4                       10.10.0.8                                D  No         No             5060     Unmonitored
54/54                     10.10.0.15                               D  No         No             5060     Unmonitored

> Something wasn't "happy" about SIP/54 in your system when Asterisk tried
> talking to it.
>
> So you tried this:
>
> "...
> Even when I put:
> exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}"="BUSY"]?line2)
> exten => 4,n(line2),Dial(${FD_L2},20,trw)
> exten => 4,n(line2),Voicemail(4)
> ..."
>
> What that will do is go to the first instance of "4,n(line2)", which is
> the line that seems to be triggering the channel failure.  If you have
> the Asterisk console open, I'll bet you see it spew some errors when you
> try that extension routine.
>
> Asterisk dial plans are a serial processes, the first line that Asterisk
> comes across that meets the matching for a given extension and label is
> what it will run first.  What you have is two lines that will match both
> extension and label - that's not really good form.
>
> My dial plan suggestion from last night would result in the functionality:
>
> Ring extension 4/Line_1, timeout 25 seconds --> if not busy then
> voicemail, else ring extension 4/Line_2, timeout 20 seconds --> voicemail.
>

> Again, I think you have two problems, and the bigger one is causing the
> annoying unexpected behavior in your dial plan
>
> Try doing the extension 4 without the Line_1 and see what happens:
>
> "...
> exten => 4,1,Dial(${FD_L2},20,trw)
> exten => 4,n(vmail),Voicemail(4)
> exten => 4,n,Hangup()
> ..."

I have tired the above plan with small change 4,n,Voicemail(4) (as there is no gotoif statement)
So:
exten => 4,1,Dial(${FD_L2},20,trw)
exten => 4,n,Voicemail(4)
exten => 4,n,Hangup()

Line 2 is ring OK, and if nobody pickup the phone it goes to "Voicemail(4)" so this part is working; there were no errors on the command line.

[snip]

But I've tired it again, this dialplan) as before and you are correct something is wrong but command line is not showing any errors:

exten => 4,1,Dial(${FD_L1},25,trw)
exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}"="BUSY"]?line2:)
exten => 4,n(line2),Dial(${FD_L2},20,rw)
exten => 4,n,Voicemail(4)
exten => 4,n,Hangup()

I've tried:
exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}"="BUSY"]?line2)
exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}"="BUSY"]?line2:)
exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}"="BUSY"]?:line2)

And I get:

   -- Called SIP/4
    -- SIP/4-00000306 is ringing
    -- Nobody picked up in 25000 ms
    -- Executing [4 at extensions:2] GotoIf("IAX2/home_server-435", "0?line2:") in new stack
    -- Executing [4 at extensions:3] Dial("IAX2/home_server-435", "SIP/54,20,rw") in new stack
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Called SIP/54
    -- SIP/54-00000307 is ringing
  == Spawn extension (extensions, 4, 3) exited non-zero on 'IAX2/home_server-435'
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/home_server-435'

So FD_L1 (exten: 4) is ringing for 25sec.; nobody pickup the phone and command line is showing it goes to: FD_L2 (SIP/54)
-- SIP/54-00000307 is ringing

but in reality FD_L2 (SIP/54) is not ringing at all, it should ring line_2 for 20sec and go to Voicemail but as soon as it prints line:
-- SIP/54-00000307 is ringing

it hangs up the phone.

--
Thelma