[asterisk-users] Need to restart Asterisk if remote server not working?

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sat May 6 08:49:15 CDT 2017

Max Grobecker <max.grobecker at ml.grobecker.info> schrieb:

Hello Max,

> I'm also a customer of the DTAG.
> Yesterday, the messed a bit with their DNS entries...

Maybe they tried again to repair a working system... :)

> If you are NOT using their DNS resolvers you got a "wrong" IP address back
> that was not working. Besides that, you should disable SRV lookups for
> their SIP peers. Since Asterisk's chan_sip.c does not honour the weight of
> the SRV entries, nor it failovers to the other records, you might just end
> up with a not working server. PJSIP might work with that, but it depends on
> your version.

I'm running an own BIND on my Linux-PC...
Maybe should I configure a forwarder for the zone t-online.de? It not
difficult, and if you mean it can help, I'll do that...

> ims001 should be the preferred one based on the SRV weight. But Asterisk
> only looks at the first record that comes as an answer, so if ims002 is at
> the first position it will be used for registration, regardless that the
> other record is weighted better. And if that one is not answering... So:
> Better disable SRV lookups if you are not sure if your SIP channel driver
> supports it ;-)

Could you say me how can I disable the SRV lookups?
I use Asterisk 1.8.30.0 on an OpenWRT device.

> You should also use the dnsmgr of Asterisk, resp. configuring it to
> reasonable values. In dnsmgr.conf I set:

The version of Asterisk on my OpenWRT unfortunately does not support dnsmgr...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)