[asterisk-users] iaxModem pickup problem

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu May 4 14:26:52 CDT 2017

On Thu, May 4, 2017 13:19, Telium Technical Support wrote:
. . .
> This design (FreePBX) makes Asterisk much more fragile than it has to
> be.
> It's a good idea to keep a backup astdb on the PBX in case of
> corruption.

I have added a cron job to make a copy that file every day at midnight
with a date timestamp in the file name.  I also have daily scheduled
backups of the entire FreePBX installation and databases through
FreePBX itself but this approach seems a little more convenient.

We have had similar incidents in the past which we could never
determine the cause of before it was somehow rectified.  I infer that
on each occasion something we tried simply caused the astdb file to be
rebuilt and thereby corrected the issue without us ever being aware
that is what happened.

Canada  L8E 3C3