[asterisk-users] How to have callers not being billed when in waiting queue ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 08:24:51 CDT 2017

Hello,

In France, years ago, there was some discussions about a new regulation
forcing some providers to not charge anything to callers while those are
waiting for a call center agent to become available.
Once caller and agent are on call with each other, nominal charging applies.

No matter if those discussions ever did or didn't change current
regulation, I wonder which dialplan statements could technically comply
this dual billing requirement ?

same = n,Progress()
same = n,Queue(whatever,...,macro-option, ...)

To me, coupling Progress app with Queue's  macro or gosub option like
above, would let a sysadmin answer a queued call.
Doing so, time spent before connection with queue agent should not be
billed to anyone (caller nor callee), while time spent after connection is
billed normaly.

1. Should this work ? Am I missing something ?

2. Is there an alternative way to implement this ?

3. Comments ? Suggestions ?

Regards