[asterisk-users] Having problem getting Asterisk to work on CentOS 7

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Tue Mar 14 16:51:44 CDT 2017

Thanks Tzafrir.

Upon further investigation it is safe_asterisk that was the process id I initially saw.  I believe this is what was installed when running make config to install the Initialization Scripts in the asterisk 13.14.0 source code
Asterisk did not start up previously on a restart.

I changed SELINUX setting in /etc/selinux/config (default was enforcing and I changed it to permissive).  After that, I was seeing the Asterisk PID.
I didn't realize both safe_asterisk pid and asterisk pid were displaying when I executed pgrep asterisk.

Admittedly, I'm new to systemd.  I need to research it to learn what I need to do.

Dan Cropp
Senior Software Engineer, R&D Software Dept.
AMTELCO, 4800 Curtin Drive, McFarland, WI 53558-9424
608 838-4197 ext. 291
1-800-238-5275 ext 291
www.amtelco.com

Statement of Confidentiality
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential to American Tel-A-Systems, Inc. (AMTELCO), and are intended solely for the addressee(s). The information contained in this transmission also may be of a legally privileged nature. This transmission is sent in trust and is meant solely for delivery to the intended recipient(s). Receipt of this transmission does not convey any right to reproduce or disseminate any of the information it contains. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or telephone and delete this message and any attachments.