[asterisk-users] Having problem getting Asterisk to work on CentOS 7

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 14 11:53:47 CDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 04:45:38PM +0000, Dan Cropp wrote:

> After that, I modify the asterisk conf files for a couple pjsip endpoints and turn on debugging and verbosity.  Copying settings from another box which is working.
>
> I am seeing two different issues....
>
> First, when I restart the box, the asterisk process is present.  However, it's not writing anything to the log files so it seems to be stuck.  Any idea why running Asterisk as a service after the make config would not seem to fully start up?

You mentioned starting asterisk manually. Do you do that with the proper
permissions (assuming you do run Asterisk as a non-root user, as you
should). Any chance asterisk does not have write permissions to the log
files?

Failing that, try strace.

  strace -p $PID_OF_ASTERISk

Maybe also add -f and / or -o if there's too much output.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com