[asterisk-users] How to install and configure Dahdi from Debian Stretch repo ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 14 07:08:04 CDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 11:10:57AM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After all these years installing from source, I'm giving Dahdi package
> installation a try on a recent Stretch box.
>
> Google over the web, I didn't find too many doc on this topic.
>
> 1. Is this one [1] up-to-date ?

Not exactly.

> Reading Stretch I would say a single asterisk-dahdi would be enough to
> install asterisk dahdi and libpri.

Almost. Except the kernel modules. For those:

  apt install dahdi-source
  # also install module-assistant, if it wasn't installed already
  m-a a-i dahdi
  # Should also install linux-headers-`uname -r`, IIRC

> 2. On my box, the following fails. What would you suggest ? Re-base
> everything on Jessie ?
> apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`

That should not happen. What is the output of uname -r #?

> 3. How is dahdi started-stopped in Stretch ? (I can't find any
> /etc/init.d/dahdi file after apt-get install asterisk-dahdi).

Started: should be automatically at boot. Waht hardware device do you
have?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com