[asterisk-users] Autodialer - call simultaneously to both ends

Harel harel at mayorcom.com
Mon Jun 26 07:06:10 CDT 2017

Hello List,
I'm working on an autodialer project.
At the moment I use the Originate application then I "throw" it to an extension where I Dial() the other party and then both legs are bridged. The problem is that the Dial() will only run after the Originate finish its bit and I have lots of wasted time or even worse, the remote party hanging the call because instead of a human speaking to him the call setup to the 2nd leg only starts when remote answers.
Is there a way to start calling both parties at the same time and bridge them when one answers (which will then hear the ringback tone until 2nd party answers)?
Thank you
Harel