[asterisk-users] Difference between Application Set and Function SET?

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Jun 16 14:18:46 CDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Jonathan H <lardconcepts at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, thanks. That sort of makes sense. Is it case sensitive?

Is what case sensitive?  Function names are case sensitive.  Application
names have historically been not case sensitive.

> Bonus quickie while I'm here (not worth own thread) - Asterisklint
> complains that:
>
> H_PAT_NON_CANONICAL: pattern '_#' is not in the canonical form '#'
>
> for the line
>
> exten => _#,1,Goto(s,1)
>
> I'm sure I read somewhere it should be _#.
>
> Am I imagining it?!

You are declaring an extension line with a pattern but the pattern only has
literal characters so it really isn't a pattern.  It takes more CPU to match
than the non-pattern form and is more likely an error.

Richard

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Pattern+Matching