[asterisk-users] asterisk 13.16 / pjsip / t.38: res_pjsip_t38.c:207 t38_automatic_reject: Automatically rejecting T.38 request on channel 'PJSIP/91-00000007'

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Mon Jun 12 10:29:03 CDT 2017

On 06/11/2017 at 04:34 PM Michael Maier wrote:
> On 06/11/2017 at 01:29 PM Joshua Colp wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017, at 08:16 AM, Michael Maier wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I did some further investigations and fixed a local problem. Now,
>>> asterisk is able to successfully activate T.38 - unfortunately just for
>>> very shot time because of a phantom package it receives!
>>
>> What was the local problem?
>
> Update of t38modem from 3.13 to 3.15

I forgot to mention the main thing: I initially used *two* trunks (and
one number), one "normal" trunk and another trunk_fax additionally
enabling udptl. Outbound not a problem - but inbound used the normal
trunk - this can't work. Merging both trunks to one trunk has been the
solution, which isn't a problem with udptl, because it's initially
handled by the extension (t38modem). That's why I came across line
option for the other provider I'm using and which wasn't that easy to
use with FreePBX, because it is not yet directly supported and
pjsip.registration_custom_post.conf unfortunately doesn't work (I'm not
the only one experiencing this problem). Therefore I'm using now a trick
which works especially for the registration problem within FreePBX as
long as it isn't supported natively.

Thanks,
Michael