[asterisk-users] asterisk 13.16 / pjsip / t.38: res_pjsip_t38.c:207 t38_automatic_reject: Automatically rejecting T.38 request on channel 'PJSIP/91-00000007'

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Sun Jun 11 16:35:27 CDT 2017

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 01:16:10PM +0200, Michael Maier wrote:
> Let's go into details:
> I'm starting at the point where asterisk / fax client receives the T.38
> reininvite from the server from the provider 195.185.37.60:5060 for the
> fax client (extension 91):

I'm running Asterisk 11 on my faxserver so not using pjsip but chan_sip.
But IIRC I had problems with asterisk-11/t38modem-2.0.0/hylafax if the
upstream side started the t38 reINVITE on sending a fax. My hylafax
config.ttyT38* contains the AT F command to initiale t38 on the t38modem
side for outgoing calls. For incoming t38modem also starts the reINVITE
but there is no parameter to influence this in my configs.

No idea if this is in anyway related nor what the default is of the
options below and neither if it depends on the t38modem version.

# T.38 dial modifiers
#
# F - enable T.38 mode request after dialing
# V - disable T.38 mode request after dialing (remote host should do it)
#
# calling/called number dial modifiers
#
# L - reset and begin of calling number
# D - continue of called number
#
ModemDialCmd:           ATDF%s          # user can override F by dial V
#ModemDialCmd:          ATDV%s          # user can override V by dial F
#ModemDialCmd:          ATD%sF          # user can't override F
#ModemDialCmd:          ATD%sV          # user can't override V
#ModemDialCmd:          ATD%sVL         # user can't override V or calling number