[asterisk-users] How to send SIP_NOTIFY messages with variable content ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 02:35:23 CST 2017

> For reconfiguring SIP phones? Can you give an example or short explanation?

Yes sure: you can change whatever Yealink configuration setting you like
through http/XML or SIP NOTIFY.

For instance, the following sip_notify.conf extract works for me:

[hello-yealink]
Event=Yealink-xml
Content-type=application/xml
Content=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
Content=<YealinkIPPhoneTextScreen Beep="yes">
Content=<Title>Push test</Title>
Content=<Text>This is a test for pushing text to a phone.</Text>
Content=</YealinkIPPhoneTextScreen>
Content=

As you may guess, having to change sip_notify.conf anytime you want to
change the displayed message is not very attractive.