[asterisk-users] Kernel/Asterisk/DAHDI/Libpri version matrix?

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Mon Jan 16 13:08:14 CST 2017

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>
wrote:

> I googled about a bit without success, so...
>
> Is there a version matrix available?
>
> Something that would say: for kernel version w, you can run up to version
> x of Asterisk, DAHDI version y, and libpri version z?

I don't think there is such a table.

> For example, I have a bunch of remote hosts running kernel 2.6.26,
> Asterisk 11.6.0, and DAHDI 2.7.0.1.
>
> We experience occasional Asterisk crashes, so I'd like to get as up to
> date as possible to see if that resolves the crashes before diving deeper.
>
> 1) What is the 'highest' versions of DAHDI and libpri that I can run with
> kernel 2.6.26 and Asterisk 11.6.0?
>
> 2) What is the highest version of Asterisk I can run with kernel 2.6.26
> and what would be the appropriate versions of DAHDI and libpri?

You probably would have to be using a mid-life v1.4 Asterisk or earlier
version to have
compatibility/compilation issues with the latest libpri.  Asterisk versions
v1.8 and later
are just able to take advantage of new features in libpri.  Any Asterisk
v11 version should
be able to use all of the current libpri features.

Only DAHDI would really care about the kernel version and I cannot say if
that kernel is
supported with the latest DAHDI.  The easiest way would be to try compiling
it.

Richard