[asterisk-users] Replacing PBX during a call in progress

Telium Technical Support support at telium.ca
Thu Jan 12 10:09:19 CST 2017

This was asked many years ago but I thought I would check to see if things
have changed.  Is it possible to take over a call in progress - using a
replacement Asterisk server?

In other words, if 2 user agents are connected through an Asterisk PBX, and
I tracked the call ID, IP of each UA (and anything else needed), could I
remove the PBX and put a new one in its place (at the same IP address) and
resume the call?  Somehow keeping the call up on the UA's and telling
Asterisk to just resume a call given specified parameters (so the UA's
wouldn't notice the change)?