[asterisk-users] Which tool to automatically restart Asterisk ?

Tahir Almas tahir at ictinnovations.com
Mon Feb 27 07:00:30 CST 2017

Sorry  ,  I  forget  it  for another monitoring tool  monit  that we have
used  in  our production systems  to restart  asterisk  in case of asterisk
crash or  halt.

I have attached a monit configuration for your reference. it  will work
almost in all cases

This configuration will check Asterisk for following

1. will check for Asterisk process.
2. will check Asterisk via AMI
3. will check Asterisk by sending a SIP request

You simply need to install monit and place attached file on your server as
/etc/monit.d/asterisk.conf and then restart monit service daemon

*Tahir Almas*

Managing Partner
ICT Innovations
http://www.ictbroadcast.com