[asterisk-users] Call List Campaign to an IVR

Tech Support asterisk at voipbusiness.us
Mon Feb 6 11:24:07 CST 2017

    It was a very long time ago, so I'd have to dig through some old
notebooks to get the exact details, but it wasn't too difficult. Basically,
two calls are made. The first call is made with the wait time set to about a
quarter of a second. We modified the Asterisk source code to allow floating
point values for the wait time, basically modifying only 1 or 2 lines of
code. Even a non-programmer could do it. When the first call is made for
such a short period, the remote end still goes off hook, but the call will
end before it starts to ring. Then, halfway through the first call, a second
call is made. Since the remote end is off hook from the first call, the
second call will get sent to voicemail and the message is played there. I
remember having to do some testing to get optimal wait times and delays in
milliseconds, but overall, the ability to go straight to voicemail was a
valuable tool for us.
Regards;
John V.