[asterisk-users] asterisk and Hyper-V

Dmitriy Ermakov demonihin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 01:48:19 CST 2017

Hi, Kseniya!

I have three installations of Asterisk (as FreePBX but I think it is not
important). They work fine.

I have made some settings in Asterisk and Hyper-V:

Asterisk: timing interface - timerfd.

Hyper-V:

 1. Virtual Machine => Network Adapter => Hardware Acceleration =>
    Virtual Machine Queue - Disable it;
 2. Virtual Machine => Processor => Virtual Machine Reserve (percentage)
    - set at least 25% (if you have 4 virtual cores for your Asterisk).
    You can try to set reserve more or less then 25% - test it and,
    please, send email here;
 3. Virtual Machine => Integration Services => Time synchronisation -
    enable it.

This settings helped me.

Also check your Linux Kernel version - it must be 3.10 or newer. I saw
very bad "timing test" results on kernel 2.6.32.

--
С уважением, Дмитрий Ермаков