[asterisk-users] asterisk and Hyper-V

Kseniya Blashchuk ksyblast at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 01:26:40 CST 2017

Hi all!
Does anybody have experience with asterisk on Hyper-V? My test setup with
Ubuntu 16 and asterisk 13.1 (ubuntu repo) shows sound distortion. I have
analyzed the RTP flow with wireshark and I see high skew and delta values
when the traffic leaves the hypervisor, however everything is okay when a
capture is taken from a VM itself. I have read that there can be timing
problems with Hyper-V. I have tried to disable time sync with the machine
and tried different clocksources. I have also tried to change asterisk
timing interface to dahdi (dummy) - nothing helped so far. Hyper-V version
is 12p2.
Does anybody have a working setup with Hyper-V?